I am not really a big cheesecake fan… that is if it is plain. I have made two really good cheesecakes; a Oreo mini cheesecake and a butterscotch cheesecake. I will do the butterscotch one next month when I have to make it again. First thing you will need to do is get a cupcake tin and line with with cupcake paper, then put one oreo in per cupcake. This recipe with make 24 cupcakes.
Then comes the fun part. making the mix. You will need 2 (8ozs) of room temperature cream cheese. Mix this on high until it is soft and smooth, You will need to scrap down the sides a few times. Then add the sugar slowly until it is all mixed together.
Then you need to add the vanilla. This was the best time for me to try out my new Kitchen Zest Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons I really love the spoons. The ends spoon have a strong gripping point so they don’t slip out of your hand. They are also stainless steel and really strong unlike some of the plastic ones I have had.
Once you are done with the vanilla, you will need to add the eggs. You will want to add them just one at a time and mix them in well. Then add your sour cream and mix well. At this point I mix it until the batter is really smooth. Then I get the rest of my oreos and break them up. (now would also be a good time to preheat the oven to 275) Once your oreos are broken into small pieces add them into your cheese cake mix.
Once it is all mixed in well, just add the mix into each cupcake. Make sure you fill them up and they will not rise.
Put them in the oven at 275 for 10 minutes then rotate them and cook another 10 minutes. Once they are done let them cool down, then you will need to refrigerate them for 4 hours. I know its going to be hard to do because they are going to be so yummy. Then enjoy.
- 1 packet of Oreo Cookies (24 whole the rest chopped)
- 2 8oz of cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature,
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees F. The line the cupcake pan with cupcake liners and put one cookie in each cupcake liner.
- Best used with an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese until smooth, you may need to scrape down sides of bowl. Slowly add the sugar, then the vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat them in, you may need to scrape the sides down again. Then add the sour cream and chopped oreos.
- Add batter into the cupcake liners, fill almost to the top. Bake, for 10 minutes then rotate pans, cook another 10 minutes.
- Pull cupcakes out and let them cool all the way down. Refrigerate at 4 hours and then enjoy!