Medela is a go to when it comes to breastfeeding, and they are always trying to make their products better. Here are a list of the new and improved products that they have.
- Sonata, Medela’s first smart breast pump. Sonata is quiet and responsive and in about two-pounds, it offers hospital performance in a personal-use breast pump. Sonata is available online and in retail stores nationwide.
- 24/7 LC a membership service available through the award-winning MyMedela app. In partnership with Pacify Health, a leading telemedicine service, 24/7 LC offers moms instant access to live lactation consultants using video chat wherever you are.
- Ask Alexa Medela is expanding its breastfeeding support with a new skill for Amazon Alexa. Alexa can now answer the most frequently asked questions about breast milk feeding.
The newly designed additions to the accessories line include:
- Breast Milk Storage Bags: These new hygienically pre-sealed Breast Milk Storage Bags feature double-zipper protection to prevent leaking. Each bag features a large write-on labeling area, holds 6-ounces of liquid and can lay flat and self-stand. A re-sealable transport pouch is also included to keep unused bags organized and clean while storing or traveling. Bags will be available in 25 count, $7.99 (MSRP); 50 count, $11.99 (MSRP); and 100 count, $19.99 (MSRP).
- Quick Clean Breast Pump & Accessory Sanitizer: An addition to the Quick Clean family of products, the new no-rinse, no-wipe spray eliminates 99.9% of germs and can be used to sanitize in as little as 60 seconds without water. Containing no harsh chemicals, fumes, bleach, dyes, or alcohol, it can be used on breast pump parts, bottles, nipples, and is also safe in nursery environments. The spray will be available in January 2018 for $7.99(MSRP).
- Contact Nipple Shields with Case: Medela has expanded its breast care portfolio to include a two-pack version with a convenient storage case to keep nipple shields clean and safely stored between uses. This product is available in 16mm, 20mm, and 24mm for $10.99 (MSRP) each and will be available nationwide in January 2018.
- Freestyle® and Pump in Style® Replacement Tubing: Replacement parts play an important role in moms’ breast milk feeding journey. Tubing for the Pump in Style breast pumps is now available nationwide for $19.99(MSRP). Freestyle Tubing will be available nationwide for $19.99 (MSRP) beginning January 2018.
Founded in 1961, Medela is led by Michael Larsson and concentrates on two business units: “Human Milk,” providing research-based breast milk feeding solutions, and “Healthcare,” engineering and manufacturing medical vacuum technology solutions. Medela is headquartered in Switzerland and has 18 subsidiaries, distributing its products to more than 100 countries throughout the world. For more information, visit www.Medela.com.
About Medela LLC
Medela’s US-based manufacturing and development facility is headquartered in McHenry, Illinois. Every year, more than one million mothers in the U.S. rely on Medela’s technology. As the #1 breast pump brand*, Medela provides the best in research-based breast milk feeding products and clinical education to support moms’ breast milk feeding journey. The company is fully dedicated to supporting mothers so that they can provide breast milk to their baby for as long as they choose. For more information, visit www.MedelaBreastfeedingUS.com.
*QuintilesIMS ProVoice Survey; Nov-Oct 2016.
Medela wordmark and logo, Freestyle, Pump in Style are registered in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Quick Clean is a trademark of Medela.